Sexual Abuse – Sexual abuse is any form of unwanted sexual contact. This can happen to you as a child, a teenager or an adult and happens to both males and females. Hypnotherapy can help you to recover and resolve repressed memories about your abuse, and vent unexpressed emotions so that you can be free again to live the happy life that you deserve to be able to live.
Typical Sexual Abuse Situations
Sexual Abuse – The types of situations that amount to sexual abuse are wide and varied but here are just a few
- Sexual touching of any part of the body, clothed or unclothed
- Unwanted sexual penetration
- Causing unwanted pain during sex
- Forcing or enticing a child to engage in sexual activity, eg. masturbation
- Showing a child pornography or using a child to create pornography
- Unwanted lewd or suggestive comments
Symptoms Of Sexual Abuse
Sexual Abuse – If you remember having any of these symptoms and don’t know why, or believe that you may have been abused but have no memory of it, it may be time to talk to someone
- A noticeable fear of a certain person as a child / teenager
- A noticeable fear of certain situations / rooms
- Drawing pictures that depicted sexual acts
- Attempting to get other children to perform sexual acts
- Sudden onset of bed-wetting or lack of control of bowels
These symptoms are by no means a definite indication of sexual abuse but they are something to investigate and if you have a suspicion that you may have been sexually abused, hypnotherapy may help you to find the answers.
“I always knew there was something causing my fear of confrontation and my anxiety about being alone in a room or a lift with a strange male but I had no memory of anything bad happening. You’ve helped me uncover a memory that explains it all. You’ve also helped me to resolve all of the pent-up emotion around my abuse. You are so supportive and gentle in your approach that you made me feel safe enough to finally come to terms with it all. Now I finally feel free to really live my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
Jill, East Cork.
Effective Treatment With Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy can help by uncovering buried or repressed memories or parts of memories that can help to piece the jigsaw puzzle together. When you undergo hypnotherapy as an adult, it is easier to remember what was too traumatic for a child to deal with, or even what may have been too traumatic for an adult to deal with at that very moment. By finding and resolving the root cause of your problem, working together, we’ll help you to vent those unexpressed, painful emotions so that you can be free to live your life in the way that you deserve to.