Goal Setting – Are you a person who sets goals every New Year and then fails to stick to them? Do you find yourself saying (at a later stage) – “I wish I had done that”. Every time you fail to achieve a goal, you teach yourself another little lesson about you can’t do it, or you have no willpower. And maybe, because of your bad experiences with setting goals in the past, you may shy away from setting goals – after all, who wants to experience the same old failure feelings again?
What if you could enjoy setting a goal, break it down into achievable parts and feel good about achieving each part? What if you could learn that setting goals for yourself and your life is an enjoyable and exciting experience? Hypnotherapy can help you to let go of the limiting beliefs and emotions that hold you back and replace those old emotions with feelings of fun, enjoyment and achievement.
Goal Setting And Feelings Of Failure
Thousand of people all over Ireland have problems with goal setting. It’s not just about high-flying executive types setting career goals – goal setting has a part to play in achieving anything in your life, even the simplest of things. Here are just some examples of where goal setting is an important skill
- Career change – figuring out how to go about training for or getting that new job you’ve always wanted
- Setting up your own business – many people find this a daunting task because there just seems as if there is so much to do or think about
- Losing weight or getting fit – for most people, the targets they set are unrealistic and they just end up convincing themselves that they are a failure.
- Studying – many people find their course overwhelming them
- Housework – getting other family members to do their share of the housework.
SMART Goal Setting
The best way to achieve a goal is to use the SMART method. SMART stands for specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-limited. When you set a goal, it is really important that it ticks the boxes for all of those requirements. And probably the greatest skill in goal achievement is to break a goal down into small, achievable chunks and learn to give yourself a pat on the back for each chunk that you successfully achieve.
It sounds quite simple but it does take some practice to perfect. Hypnosis is a great way of accepting this change easily and effortlessly.
Goal Setting And Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy can quickly help you to overcome those limiting beliefs that stand between you and achieving your goals. Remember, these limiting beliefs are simply in your head – that’s all. Because of that, you have a great opportunity to change them. Each person bring completely unique life experiences with them, and because of that, the amount of sessions required varies from person to person. In order to give you an idea of how many sessions you will need, I would need to meet you for a free initial consultation.
The free initial consultation allows me the opportunity to fully understand the problem, how it affects you and what other issues may be impacting your goal setting problem. During this free initial consultation, you’ll find out all about hypnotherapy, what to expect, and how many sessions it may take. You are welcome to ask any questions you may have so that you satisfy yourself this is the right approach for you to take.
Take the first step towards goal setting success now – click on the image below to arrange your free initial consultation today.
- Shyness - July 29, 2014
- Asthma - January 3, 2013
- Exam Nerves - December 15, 2012
- Goal Setting - December 3, 2012
- Fear Of Failure - December 3, 2012
- Hypertension - October 5, 2012
- Sex Addiction - September 29, 2012
- Procrastination - September 21, 2012
- Junk Food Addiction - September 21, 2012
- Internet Addiction - September 20, 2012